If there’s one thing enterprises have learned in 2020, it’s how to navigate through uncertain times, and in 2021, organizations will likely have to continue navigating through a shifting landscape. One trend that we’ve seen this year, is that enterprises are leveraging streaming data as a way to traverse through unplanned disruptions, as a way to make the best business decisions for their stakeholders.
We’ve seen organizations invest in big data solutions, and now, we’ve increasingly seen them want to build on that investment and move towards building a modern architecture that’ll help them leverage stream processing and streaming analytics. Today, a new modern data platform is here to transform how businesses take advantage of real-time analytics.
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is the new data cloud built for the enterprise. CDP is the next generation big data solution that manages and secures the end-to-end data lifecycle – collecting, enriching, processing, analyzing, and predicting with their streaming data – to drive actionable insights and data-driven decision making. With Cloudera DataFlow as part of CDP, businesses can operate and manage streaming workloads from edge data collection to streaming analytics in the Cloud.
Why upgrade to CDP now?
As a proactive enterprise that wants to stay ahead of future change, you will want the latest features and capabilities to accelerate your stream processing and streaming analytics capabilities. While you may be doing this today with a previous generation of our products, it is time you started future-proofing your investment to prepare for the hybrid cloud and multi-cloud set of challenges. That is why we are outlining four reasons that you should consider for upgrading from Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF), Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) or Cloudera’s Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH) to CDP today.
1.Gain comprehensive and newer streaming capabilities with CDP
Cloudera has always offered the best real-time streaming platform in Cloudera DataFlow (CDF). While hundreds of our customers have taken advantage of this platform for various key use cases, we are now extending those capabilities into CDP as well now. With this, you can now leverage the same awesomeness of CDF within the CDP framework.
- Apache NiFi empowers data engineers to orchestrate data collection, distribution, and transformation of streaming data with capacities of over 1 billion events per second.
- Apache Kafka helps data administrators and streaming app developers to buffer high volumes of streaming data for high scalability. CDP also offers an entire ecosystem of tools surrounding Kafka that include operations and monitoring with Streams Messaging Manager (SMM), data replication with Streams Replication Manager (SRM), automatic rebalancing and healing of Kafka clusters with Cruise Control, and continued investment and support for Kafka Connect.
- Apache Flink enables data analysts and developers to leverage continuous SQL for querying and advanced state management and windowing capabilities to build sophisticated real-time analytics.
2. Extend your streaming platform to the public cloud with CDP Data Hub
CDP delivers the same data management and analytics capabilities seamlessly across private and public clouds through CDP Data Hub. With this, you can embrace a hybrid cloud architecture easily by using the same streaming data platform across on-premises and your cloud.
- CDP is an infrastructure agnostic data platform, enabling businesses to move data and applications from one environment to another without re-writing applications and retraining personnel.
- Data Hub on CDP eliminates the administration complexity that comes with making the right infrastructure choices in the Cloud. Pick from a list of pre-defined cluster templates to easily create your Flow Management (Apache NiFi), Streams Messaging (Apache Kafka), and Streaming Analytics (Apache Flink) clusters in the public Cloud.
- CDP Data Hub enables enterprises to offer the same streaming experience of Cloudera DataFlow to their users – no matter whether it is deployed on premises or to the Public Cloud, making it easier for administrators to manage stream processing and analytics in both environments.
3. Simplify and secure operations for administration and governance teams
Enterprises can count on CDP for data security and governance with the tight integration of Cloudera SDX, Shared Data Experience.
- Cloudera SDX alleviates data security and governance concerns because the control policies are set once and consistently enforced across all components to provide a unified authentication process for all users and end-to-end data governance for all the data streaming through CDP.
- By upgrading to CDP, which leverages Apache Ranger and Apache Atlas, businesses can have confidence in their data and use centralized policies to ensure security and governance are in place.
- Administrators can use Cloudera Manager in CDP to manage multiple clusters from one single Cloudera Manager instance. This eliminates overhead that previously resulted from running dedicated Apache Ambari instances for each cluster.
4. Future proof your data platform
Cloudera purpose-built CDP for innovation and it provides more analytics options so businesses can go to a one-stop-shop for all their information.
- Cloudera is investing and innovating with Apache Flink for stream processing and analytics. Recently, Cloudera acquired Eventador to accelerate Apache Flink’s stream processing and analytics capabilities on CDP for Hybrid Cloud.
- CDP provides additional analytics capabilities with Cloudera Machine Learning to create algorithms for predictive analytics, Cloudera Data Warehouse to power business reports and other data-driven analytics.
- CDP can run different big data workloads in both on-premises and cloud environments as one platform, removing the disparate data silos often created by having too many other vendor solutions.
- Soon, CDP will allow businesses to run streaming workloads in containerized environments to efficiently utilize their resources and enable more developers and data analysts to access the streaming data and minimize the rising cost of infrastructure.
To learn more about the upgrade to CDP, watch the webinar led by Michael Kohs, Cloudera DataFlow Product Manager, who guides HDF, HDP, and CDH customers on how to upgrade or migrate to CDP. He will explain each step of the way to help you get onto CDP. This webinar also includes documentation which details each step further to ensure your success in deploying CDP.
The post Top 4 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade Your Stream Processing Workloads To CDP appeared first on Cloudera Blog.